Have you ever considered starting an island life but needed a little more convincing?
Well then read Think Global Recruitment’s Top 10 Reasons can help you take the leap and move to Bermuda or the Caribbean today! All answers have been compiled by the feedback we have had from the hundreds of accountancy and finance professionals that we’ve assisted to move there throughout the years.
1. . One of the main attractions of the Caribbean and Bermuda is the amazing weather! The climate stays pleasant all year round so it is the perfect place to escape cold and wet winters!
2. For the majority of islands in where we work there is no income tax!! The Caribbean is also a haven for shoppers, with many islands offering duty-free items!
3. Living here is heaven for foodies, with delicious and rich culinary traditions unique to each island. Whether it’s the jerk chicken, roast pork or delicious seafood, the islands will leave everyone’s mouth watering! Don’t forget to wash it all down with a refreshing tropical fruit smoothie (or cocktail)!
4. The ocean views are unparalleled, with clear water and beautiful reefs. There is even the chance to snorkel and dive with pigs, sharks, turtles and stingrays.
5. No matter which island you choose to live in you are always just a few minutes away from a picture-perfect beach!
6. Imagine spending long weekends in the US or Mexico! Most islands are only a short flight from the America’s and island hopping is also a regular activity that people living in the Bermuda and the Caribbean frequently enjoy.
7. In all of the islands, there are well-established expat communities with sports teams and social groups to help you settle in and offer support! (They were in your situation too once!)
8. As well as a great Expat population, the local people are known for being some of the friendliest in the world and regualrly throw carnivals and festivals where you can fully experience the island culture!
9. The Financial Services sector is world renowned in this region, so expects to gain excellent experience of working in the investment, banking and insurance sectors with some of the biggest multinationals in the world!
10. The number one reason why are accountants love Bermuda and the Caribbean is because of the lifestyle! Say goodbye to the heavy traffic and congestion of city life and hello to walking to work, a laid back lifestyle and a great social life!