Located in Western Europe, Belgium borders with France, Germany, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Renowned for its beer and chocolate, Belgium has plenty of accountancy and finance career opportunities available. Read our Top 10 Reasons for Moving to Belgium.
Think Global Recruitment’s Top 10 Reasons for moving to Belgium!
- The country is viewed as the heart of Europe, hosting the European Union and NATO. This means there are incredible opportunities to learn a new language, including one of the three official languages – Flemish, French and German.
- Belgium is renowned for its excellent work-life balance, allowing you to have a successful career whilst maintaining a family.
- In a recent study (2017) of 6,349 young expatriates by BNP Paribas Fortis found that 95% who work or study here are satisfied with their expat life, and 8 out of 10 saying the move improved their career.
- You can get to anywhere in the entire country in roughly three hours and all the main cities (Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges) are small enough to walk around making exploring this beautiful country incredibly easy.
- The country offers an outstanding beer and chocolate selection. For those who enjoy a nice refreshing pint, you are spoilt for choice in Belgium with over 200 breweries in the country with one establishment, Delirium Café, offering 2,400 varieties of beer. If you have more of a sweet tooth, then why not indulge in the world class chocolate brands like Lenidas and Godiva.
- Belgium is known for its culinary delights; this is of course the birthplace of frites (Don’t say fries!) – the food is both delicious and very affordable.
- The high standards of living in Belgium coupled with excellent health care, education and public facilities have made Belgium a popular destination for expats. The community of expats living in Belgium is currently estimated at approximately 750,000, almost a tenth of the population.
- Belgium is renowned for its quirky and vibrant statues including one of a boy urinating (Manneken Pis), a giant monkey in a space suit, a cat on a bike and memorials to clowns and pigeons.
- The country is a pioneer of Art Noveau architecture and have numerous world heritage buildings dotted around the country’s cities.
- The Ardennes – a region of extensive forests, rough terrain and rolling hills in the Belgium countryside which has been mentioned as one of the most beautiful places in Europe.
If you are interested in a move to Belgium and please get in touch / send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.