|Roger and Kevin in South Africa|
Roger, Senior Recruitment Consultant – “If we reach £60,000 in a quarter, we win our Object of Desire which really promotes success and is a great perk! I have recently been to Marrackech which was amazing! I have actually had the chance to travel to Africa twice this year with a business trip in Durban last month.”
- Our founder is passionate about travelling and discovering different cultures. Her love of adventure is part of the reason Think Global Recruitment became an international recruitment company – Abigail understood the many advantages of working internationally when she started out!
- Our staff get to see the world and work with people from many cultures. In the past month our staff have ventured to London, Dublin, Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, Zurich and Geneva. On these trips we get to meet people we usually only speak to on the phone, and we always make sure to explore the local culture.
- In our super connected world working with people all over the globe is incredibly time efficient. Because of the time differences, we can catch accountants out-with their working times but within ours.
- Helping accountants to make an international move is very rewarding and we know Think Global Recruitment makes a real difference to people’s lives. So many people who we have helped to move to another country do keep in touch and it’s great to hear from them. Sometimes they will even come back to us, ready to take on another adventure!
- Declan, Recruitment Consultant – “Every day is different, you have the opportunity to not only build relationships but improve the lives of people from different backgrounds and cultures”
- Helping ambitious and focussed people achieve is important and we run the Think Global Recruitment Training Academy to facilitate this. We recruit and develop young people and gained Investors in Young People accreditation in recognition of this.
- Training begins in our academy when new recruits join. It provides a comprehensive 12 hour induction and their education continues with individual, ongoing modules. Our training library and on the desk training from our team offer support too. We know having a buddy helps when you’re starting out too. It gives you somewhere to direct the inevitable questions you have in the early days, so all of our new recruits are paired up with one.
- We give our people external training too because, while our fantastic team know our sector well, developing the skills within our business is vital.
- Many of our team have worked their way up through the business and we offer real opportunities to progress. We use our appraisal system to set goals together with each member of staff so we can evaluate their progress together. This means everyone, from reception to senior consultants, know what it will take to get to the next level.
- Dan, Senior Recruitment Consultant – “You can progress as fast as you like here, if you put the work in, no one will hold you back. The training offered is excellent”
- We have fruit in the office, offer long lunches and subsidised gym memberships as well as a bike to work scheme. Staff who stay with us are rewarded with long service holidays as well as healthcare and a stakeholder pension scheme after two years, and there’s a chance to set these benefits up in advance of that two year mark too.
- Every quarter our team have opportunities to get great rewards just for going over their targets– we’ve given away luxury holidays all over the world, Gucci handbags, Tag watches and surround sound TVs.
- Every year we have two events that gather everyone together for fun, one in Summer and another at Christmas, which partners can come along to too.
- We have an optional ‘casual smart’ dress code – business dress is only required for client meetings and formal events.
- Katherine, Office Manager & PA to Directors – “My work varies each day but I always have a good time with my colleagues and there is a great energy”
- The people who know our business best are those working here and we value them and their opinions. Each year when we review our vision, mission statement and key values, all of our staff have the opportunity to contribute if they feel that changes to these are necessary.
- Jill, Customer Care Consultant – “I get to spend a large part of my day helping accountants with one of the biggest moves of their lives and I laugh a lot at my witty colleagues while doing that”
- We love helping charities! In the past we have raised over £10,000 for Kenyan schools and recently we have done an abseil for the Stroke Association and sponsored a charity football match for the Edinburgh Sick Kids. We are currently working on raising money for small start up businesses in less developed countries.