Role: Vice President of Compliance
Locations: UK, Dubai or Malta
As the Vice President of Compliance, you will assume a pivotal position in ensuring our clients adherence to regulatory and statutory requirements across all areas of operation. Your expertise will play a key role in shaping and strengthening their compliance practices on a global scale. You will provide technical advice, undertake risk assessments, develop policies, and devise procedures to help the our client comply with relevant laws, regulations, and licensing requirements across its worldwide operations.
- Guide compliance excellence: Help steer the business by providing comprehensive compliance guidance and ensuring a deep understanding of applicable legislation for the Group and its subsidiaries. Your insights will be instrumental in aligning our operations with regulatory standards.
- Navigate regulatory changes: Stay vigilant and monitor new and proposed changes in standards, legislation, and regulatory notifications. By promptly updating internal policies and procedures, you will ensure the Group remains ahead of the compliance curve.
- Mitigate compliance risks: Identify and assess potential compliance risks, strategise on effective mitigation measures, and share detailed risk reports. Your expertise will enable us to proactively address compliance and regulatory challenges, safeguarding the Group’s reputation.
- Create a collaborative compliance framework: Foster collaboration by liaising with the Group’s Head of Compliance and their Compliance teams worldwide. Through an aligned and holistic compliance framework, you will help strengthen their global compliance efforts and ensure consistency.
- Engage with regulatory authorities: Act as a point of contact and build relationships with regulatory authorities and industry standards organisations as necessary. Your interactions will foster effective communication and a cooperative approach to compliance.
- Perform strategic monitoring and planning: Develop and implement strategies for monitoring compliance and conducting audits, reviews, and action plans. By creating and revising the annual compliance work plan, you will ensure our practices efficiently align with evolving regulatory requirements.
- A university degree in finance, law, risk management, banking, financial services, payments, or another relevant field.
- 12+ years of experience in a compliance role.
- Deep understanding of corporate governance, anti-money laundering (AML), economic substance, transfer pricing, and other relevant legislation.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory bodies.
- Solid understanding of legal requirements and controls.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Preference for professionals with Fintech / Crypto / Brokerage experience.
What’s on offer:
- Exciting work challenges.
- Cooperative work environment.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Market-based salary.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Casual dress code.
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career.
- Inspiring work environment and creative freedom.
If this role is of interest, or would interest someone you know, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on the role.
We have lots more information on this opportunity. If this opportunity appeals to you, or sounds like someone you know, please apply through this page or send an up-to-date CV quoting the reference number and job title on this advertisement.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all, due to the high volume of applications we receive for each of our vacancies we are unable to reply to individual applications if you do not meet the exact criteria outlined in the Job Description above.
Think Global recruitment (Agy)