Join a growing team in a vibrant market in one of the best cities in the world, Toronto, Canada. You will be leading a team working on a variety of public company audit and assurance engagements. You will be able to utilise your Spanish language skills as a number of clients have businesses with operations in Spanish speaking countries. You will also be joining a firm that prioritises a work-life balance and offers professionals with a designation 100% banked overtime and 4 weeks vacation. They want their people to travel, spend more time with family, to have a life outside work. You will also be given a clear progression path and you will be given opportunities to progress in the business right up to Partner level if that is what you wish to accomplish. The Public Companies team is thriving and they need experienced leaders to continue the good work they have already done and reach new heights.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- Coach, mentor and develop high performing individuals
- Grow client relationships and win business for other service lines
- Develop, review and present proposals to clients to meet their needs
- Identify risk areas, materiality and deadlines prior to beginning the engagement
- Monitor all timelines and ensure projects are completed on time
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to processes using the latest technologies
- Represent MNP at networking events
- Conduct excellent and productive performance reviews
- Ensure team and individual wellness is prioritised through a work-life balance
Experience and Skills Needed:
- Business level Spanish language skills
- International Recognised Qualification (CPA,ACCA,ACA)
- 5+ years in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), and Accounting Standards for Not-For Profit Organizations (ASNPO) is considered an asset
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) experience is preferred
We have lots more information on this opportunity. If this opportunity appeals to you, or sounds like someone you know, please apply through this page or send an up-to-date CV quoting the reference number and job title on this advertisement.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all, due to the high volume of applications we receive for each of our vacancies we are unable to reply to individual applications if you do not meet the exact criteria outlined in the Job Description above.
Think Global recruitment (Agy)